12.23.2008

there is a very very pink round baby in my living room

look at that mess of grilled cheeses

One tradition that has been upheld since I moved away from Saskatoon is going for Grilled Cheese Platters (aka GCPs) with Constantine (and also SteveDave when she is around).
christmas ice cream bar!
Const is usually a babe but you wouldn't be able to tell from these pictures. He is also ridiculously funny and fun. When you hang out with him you can just laugh and laugh and laugh and he'll probably throw things at you (if you're lucky).
eeeaat it
open-face ice cream sandwich
Steve is very pretty and she and I used to work at Jerry's together and she was a grump and I found that very funny. And we are best friends since then. Now all of our friends are friends but back then we were from sort of different circles and I remember one time I ran into her in the mall before we were friends and she stopped to talk to me and I thought "why is the prissy girl talking to me" haha but then at work I noticed that she was always reading fat books on her lunch breaks, bigger books than I even read. Like Rohinton Minstry and she seemed to even to finish them!
stevedave
I told her to smile with her eyes.

Grilled Cheese Platter invariably get messy, especially the ice cream course. For sure. But this time I was for sure the worst. And I had them both dabbing at me with napkins which was very sweet and since Const is usually the biggest embarrassment, I didn't feel very badly.
can't take me anywhere
i'm a distaster
so wahht
For some awful reason Constantine has decided that he'll have longer hair and it looks pretty bad. But it is also funny. Especially when he puts it in a ponytail with a bandana on (barf!).

Even if he moves it around it still doesn't look good
stevedave practices manual focus
holy attractive
No, really, I swear he's good-looking.. I think. Hmm, now I'm uncertain...

You guys want to know a secret? My brother is very nice. He is part giant for sure (must have been his donor-father because it sure didn't come from mum's side of the fam) and he likes guns and violence and war movies and crime novels and he goes to Mennonite house church (no one in my family is religious at all). But he's one of the nicest people I know (moreso now that he's 17 and bit calmer and we fight less and he is not quite as irritating). For my Christmas/birthday presents he is driving me home from parties this holiday season. This means staying up until three or so when I've decided I've had enough babe-chasing and then coming to fetch me (in the 40 below weathers). This was my gift last year and I have to say it is the best gift ever. Especially since I have a tendency to pile my girlfriends in and make him ferry them all around. All my girlfriends are so impressed by what a genuinely nice guy he is. I think they like my present as well.
Also he is very good with our little cousins. Today and yesterday he is looking after the baby Pteranodon who is one and he is so good with her. He plays beautifully with her and carts her around and doesn't even expect me to do anything even though I'm sitting in the same room with them.
And you can tell he really loves her. And doesn't resent baby-sitting or anything. Kind of neat.

(Edit: He just walked in and said indignantly "HOW CAN YOU EVEN SERIOUSLY LISTEN TO THIS SONG" which was Mercy by Duffy and I said "what do you mean?" and he said "IT'S SO BAD HOW CAN YOU EVEN LISTEN TO IT?" so, you know, still a teenage boy.)

KITTEN FESTIVAL::
haha kitten cuddles
not best friends
aw the baby
adventure cat "christmas"
oh lordy Adventure Cat is so pretty and little and soft and would make greeat moccasins.. just saying.
christmas kitteh
Oh yeah, for Christmas everyone is getting:
bag o' kitteh
A Bag O' Lolcat!!
rerun and cactus
these guys aren't kittens
cute twin kittens
omg these two are so cute they are twins in different colours
twinsies
the only two kittens in their litter and they were both breech and I pulled them out by their hind-legs! I know, right?
sink cactus

Home is nice. I've mostly been going shopping with my aunt(s). Got a sweet plaid flannel shirt yesterday that is totally something that my mum would wear and then I got told I was "very hip" at the show last night. It wasn't even buffalo plaid!
But yeah, hit up Value Village, the malls, the new Indigo store and McNally Robinson. Kind of fun. But also getting to be too much shopping! (And too much family!)
teapot pictures
teapot pictures
cut up eggie
classic Mistletoe-household little eggie on toast
little eggie on toast

Hitting up the town a lot with Carlos and Magpie and co. Partying down, etc. So many people who don't live in Saskatoon anymore, back for the holidays. I'm getting very worn out by small-talk. I just can't even deal with it. Especially last night because I wasn't drinking because I was driving (Brother had to be up early to look after the baby so he couldn't come to pick me up). Sober small-talk with people I don't even really care about very much isn't very fun. Too many people I vaguely know.
No it is fun. I had a nice time driving around late at night last night also. Dropping off some drunk girls and then the city was so quiet.
And, guys, this city is so stupidly beautiful these days. I can't even explain. Frost coating all the trees along the riverbank... It is also remarkably cold. Even for Saskatoon. I felt like my nose froze and got frost bite in the 2 minutes it took to clear off the windows of the car last night.
Minus 40 about with the windchill! Biting, biting cold.

tree
tree

Party parties scheduled upcoming. Kind of exciting, get to see lots of people I've been missing and needing to catch up with..

more gift wrap!
blog comments powered by Disqus