12.20.2008

it's not the presents under the tree, it's your presence right here next to me


(In which I talk sort of strangely)


First hang-over of the (Saskatoon) holidays!
Holiday holiday holiday glee

I think I'm over my irritability.. maybe. And I haven't even had that big cry yet.. So we'll see.

SteveDave was mad at my blog from the other day and she said what she got out of it was that I hate Saskatoon. Not even close. It's just hard, the transitionings. Hard work loving these two places and feeling out of place here.

Oh yeah speaking of irritability, I was talking to my friend about how I sometimes feel really spacey and forgetful and unable to focus and she agreed that she also felt that way pretty frequently and that she maybe has a wheat sensitivity too.
I pointed out that she smokes weed probably three times a day and that could maybe be a contribution to these problems?

Who knows!

I think wandering around the Midtown Mall yesterday by myself helped. I do kind of like that mall, it's sort of wide and squat and familiar. And as much as I am scared of mall Santas, the one there looked very real. And nice.
Also I love how cheap things get in Saskatoon just purely from people not buying them. Sales this extreme seem to happen less in Toronto because everyone buys all the stuff before.

American Apparel has come to Saskatoon! And it's huge and managed by SteveDave's sister. And our friends work there (obviously). It's weird and giant. I'm still not a big fan of American Apparel. Whatever.

Also had lunch at the Park Cafe yesterday, which is the only place we have breakfast/lunch around here. I still want to open a brunch place around here sometime. Really.
Anyway, went with my friend and she is very smart and involved in stuff and the ex-premiere of Saskatchewan was there and talked to her for awhile about when they could have lunch. That's funny.

And went to Amigos last night with SteveDave and Carlos and more peeps and even our friend back from Calgary! Holidays in Saskatoon always include Amigos. And The Yard and Lydia's and I'm planning to visit them all.. and then some.
But yeah it was a dance time and we did a bit and also, guys, I don't mean to shock you but
There were Babes there I had never seen before!
I know, right?
Carlos says that babes are done their schooling and are moving back to Saskatoon now. And also it's Christmastime so babes are all back to visit their fams (because that's what babes do for sure).
Anyway, we didn't get around to hitting on them but they were there, and that's what counts.
Aw I want a babe who lives part time Saskatoon part time Toronto.

Anyway, we went to a weird random house party after the bar and we didn't really know anyone and there was a really really cute cat there that we played with which made it more fun. And then we made my brother come pick us up at approximately 4 in the morning.
My Christmas and birthday gift from him is driving me around during the holidays! Best gift ever!

K gotta go get ready for more family togetherness. My Edmonton aunt is getting in to town today and it doesn't feel like Christmas until she's here!
blog comments powered by Disqus