12.18.2008

home alone alone times

yiiii


mum's gift and christmas oranges
mirror over the kitchen sink

Okay I am hanging out by myself at my mum's house (MY house) and it is nice to have a people-break, mum is at work brother is at schoolsies.
partyparty.


she looks more baleful the older she gets

rerun!

And I've been sleeping a lot but it doesn't feel like enough I wake up tired and want a nap. It's so dry that the inside of my nose feels crusty and I put vaseline and zinc ointment and lotions on my hands all day but they still catch on my clothes somehow.

cactus
There are four catlets scattered about this living room, none of them sleeping together. Pansy is in front of the vent because I think he is dying (well he does have the worst breath I've ever smelt in my entire life and if that's not a sign then I don't know what is). No but he slept in my arms almost the entire night until I forcefully kicked him out so I could turn over.

back yard
I bet you are so excited for me to talk about cats all the time!

window decorations!

Left my bag + camera at Constantine's house and so I don't have pictures from our grilled cheese excursion from yesterday yet. Maybe Carlos will upload her pictures from last night to FB and then I will steal them from her!

Yes we went for grilled cheese platters at Jerry's where I used to work (for years, embarrassingly, off and on), SteveDave, Const and I. We talked to the staff there and one girl had sooo many facial piercings and when I worked there I had to take out my lip ring at work. I guess there are good things about labour shortages. We talked about balls with them (Const's favourite subject I'm pretty sure) and then they gave us a discount! Nice!
south saskatchewan river
I felt so ill after all of that sandwich + so many hashbrowns + tartar sauce and ketchup and syrup for dipping + unlimited pop + ice cream bar (for the low low price of $5!!!) but kind of great also.

Then Const and I went to Value Village where he bought more shoes and I say "more" because the dude has more shoes than I've ever seen in my natural born life. He is silly about it!

Then he left me to go teach break-dancing and I had a nap in my mum's bed. My mum's bed is the best bed she has a sheepskin and down mattress-topper and two down duvets and lots of pillows and it is very soft.

front window
Mum's house has an overload of actually beautiful things, so many trinkets and decorative items but the ultimate minimum of kitsch.


Went out last night (struggled out of that bed, turns out it still irritates me to be woken up by my mum talking a lot at me).
Went to Flint (hipster bars in Saskatoon!) where there were DJs and we had drinks and scoped for babes. Carlos, Steve-Dave, and I are all on the hunt for major babes. And (despite their names) we are three of the loveliest ladies around. But there are no babes in this town! Or at least none that we don't already know and who aren't taken.



Then some of us went to a house party in a house that my friend owns because he is an online gambling genius.
You know those commercials where they are really concerned about their friend's gambling and he misses dinner and stuff? We be concerned if he didn't gamble. How would he keep his house??
His office has two computer towers and three screens and a laptop and my friend described the breakdown of what would usually be on the screens: "#1: two to three hands of poker, #2 two to three hands of poker, #3 Star Trek"
Awesome.
Anyway I had some really great hugs and some nice but brief interactions and ended up going home quite early to catch a ride. But I was ready because I'm so tired all the time.



I am feeling in such a good mood yes alone timez!!! Need it like oxygen or some other bullshit.
all frozed over
blog comments powered by Disqus