12.17.2008

okay enough of not being in bed

hi hi hi hi hi
Saskatoon!

Slept most of my flight put on Vivaldi's Four Seasons four times in a row to drown out the babies and tiny children holiday travelers. Paranoid about falling onto the shoulder of my neighbour (who shook his legs annoyingly for the brief periods I was awake) I would come to with a start but then pass out again.

Home home with fam and kittens who look weirdly unfamiliar until I look quite closely enough and realize that they are the true blue beauties I have always known. So cutecute like cuddly bears. Rerun, Cactus, Pansy, Adventure Cat (the baby baby).

Put up the tree and Mum decorated it I made a window display looks lovely still more to do of course.

Had tea with Steve-Dave felt mildly awkward who knows why but the Mendal art gallery is so fucking lovely and that new coffee shop is wonderful. So glad for its existence.

Fam din macaroni-and-cheese-casserole my mum's specialty and my cousin picked out this cranberry goats cheese HOLY HANNAH (ahhah fam joke) so good. I ate the whole brick pretty much.

Then drinks and nachos (plus sauteed mushrooms oh lordy who'd have thought or rather who didn't think of this earlier???) with my best cousin who is sort of like a sister. And we haven't done enough of that, um, ever. It was nice.
I feel like only now I am becoming a sort of adult member of this family. Not that I've ever had it hard because lord knows I haven't but you know. Or you don't. Whichever.

We are good at laughing this family I will say that we have that down.

I AM SO EXHAUSTED. I slept only 1 hour last night Cpt. Heh came over to help me pack but really I just wienered around until the last minute and then shoved it all into bags.

I fell asleep a bit in the car over to fam din and now I'm so excited to go to bed for realz! So excited! sleep powerz!

More best friends tomorrow!
blog comments powered by Disqus