12.02.2008

Ostrich

Waitress: What kind of eggs would you like?
Friend: Uh.. chicken?

.

I get all my news from Facebook!!!

"In the most recent economic and fiscal update, we learned Harper's plan for the economy:
-Little in the way of economic stimulus, or support for forestry or manufacturing sectors
-Ban strikes for public unions until 2011; cancel all collective agreements
-Sell $2 billion in Canada's assets for cash to create the illusion of a balanced budget
-A plan to bankrupt opposition parties by cancelling the $1.95/vote public campaign financing. But, keep the public subsidy for political donations (from which the Conservatives get most of their cash)."

I like how very little I manage to pay attention to politics and the goings on around me. Head in the sand.

I support the coalition. I realize that the markets are unstable and we're in a recession and stuff like that but holy hell I do not like Stephen Harper or any of his peeps. I do not like their faces and their scare tactics and their rudeness and self-righteousness (not that any politician is not self-righteous).
And I'm tired of Conservatives being up on their high horses like FINALLY WE HAVE POWER NOW WHAT WE THINK MUST BE RIGHT
Nope, still not right.

I agree that the only way to lead this country is from the centre. And the Conservatives seem to have 100% no interest in anyone elses opinions or needs. And you have a stupid MINORITY government.
UGH.

The truth might be that I mostly support the coalition because it would be pretty interesting....

Also, just from a personal stand-point; I like my union. Quite a lot. I can't even explain how much more organized/responsible/accountable the ACC has to be than the skydome on account of the union being there for us.

Also from a personal stand-point; I need that arts funding. Please give it to me.

Okay, I know I don't get to have an opinion on this really since I have my head buried deeply, so I'm going to stop talking about it!


[Note: When I was little my family always said "Don't get dropped on your head, you'll become a Conservative", so growing up I fully equated the term Conservative to the term Mentally Challenged. Just sayin'.]
blog comments powered by Disqus