10.17.2010

Russet and Empire visit

I just had brunch on a patio! And then sat in Trinity Bellwoods! It's so nice out! Really nice! Warm!
okay sorry sorry but it really is, though, hey?


Here are (finally) the pictures from when Mrs. and I took a little daytrip up to the Junction.

Mostly we went up there to visit this little shop called Russet and Empire.

So lovely. Lots of things that I liked in this place. Man, I should be in charge of Christmas shopping for myself I would do such a good job. 


I'm totally into milkglass but where would it fit in my collections? Also, why do I think it's a good idea to collect things while living in a bachelor apartment? 

The owner was super friendly and I don't think I weirded her out tooo badly by talking about how I'd been reading her blog already. I love the internet. She was very cute and we talked about purchasing glasses off the internet.


My favourite parts of these tiny little tasteful shops are the details. The hand-crafted tags and the displays.

I think this shop will be even better the more stuff she gets in -- I like her taste, all quality things that I wouldn't mind owning. It'd be so fun to get to choose everything in a store. So fun! A lot of work too, I realize.

The Junction was pretty cool, I have to say. I love visiting parts of Toronto I've never been to, it's like a whole other city! We went into an antique type shop and the guy running it was pretty crazy and friendly and he was telling us about stuff he had and then he comes by a few minutes later and he's like 'I ALSO HAVE A SLAP-CHOP. ..but it's a knock-off" oohhhh man did I laugh about that.

I did buy one Christmas gift at Russet & Empire but it's a secret, obvi.

Information:
390 Keele St. (at Dundas West)
RussetAndEmpire.blogspot.com
twitter.com/russetempire
blog comments powered by Disqus