1.09.2010

hey, does your brother like cats?

Sometimes when I have lots of time to hang out by myself and do nothing, that's when I do the least amount of blogging.
I have been busy, sort of, with cleaning the house a bit, making soup, watching internet TV, and getting my latest foster cat.

IMG_9543

This one is called Ruth Buzzi Sweet Potato Johnson.

IMG_9541

Who knows why!
Oh yeah, because she has a pretty cute little meow and it sounds like "ruuuuuuth, ruuuuuth" like that kind of. Also I like Ruth Buzzi because she was on Laugh-In and I love Laugh-In.

IMG_9539

Also, this Ruth looks a bit like a yam.

IMG_9535

I cannot stop thinking that Ruth is a boy, but she is not. Most orange cats are boys. She is so lovely and dark. Awwww.

IMG_9519

It looks like maybe they might have found her owner (she was brought to TCR as a stray a month or two ago), though, so if that's the case then she might not be around here very long.
But if it isn't the case then you can adopt her!

IMG_9517

Yesterday I cleaned the house a bit. Not enough, mind you, but a bit. And then I made Coconut Curry Soup!
I bookmarked this recipe god-knows-how-long-ago and I've been meaning to make it, so I finally got around to buying the ingredients and, MAN, is it good!

IMG_9481

My pictures do not do it justice but you have to trust me that it's good. And she's right when she says it looks like more work than it is. For sure, it's super easy, actually, and requires very little actual cooking time. The tofu takes the longest. I like her recipe for Perfect Tofu, also. I'd never heard of freezing it before frying it up. (I've never heard of a lot of things, especially about cooking, because I make most things up as I go along.)  I froze it over night just in a dish not covered or anything and it did seem to cook up quicker and chewier than usual.

IMG_9479

I did try to follow the recipe pretty closely (I used to not believe recipes at all, ever, thanks, Niki) but I've been thinking: 'hey, maybe people are onto something' with actually sticking to a plan.
Also, I made the very best pumpkin soup I've ever tasted last week and I didn't write any of it down and now I wish I had because I cannot remember what I did at all, only that it was so delicious.

Though for this Coconut Curry Soup, I didn't  have any fresh veggies (thanks, METRO at midnight), I just had a can of mushrooms (used a bit of those) and a bag of frozen "market pick" vegetables. From the market pick I used mostly carrots and broccolis but also a bit of red peppers and baby corns.
But it was still SO GOOD.

Oh, also, I used a bit more curry powder than suggested and next time (right now) I will put in more garlic.

Okay I have to go make this again right now. I thought  I made enough for two meals for me last night but instead I ate all of right then.
blog comments powered by Disqus