9.21.2009

this is not a review

I watched 500 Days of Summer yesterday. And it was good. But it was definitely not great and I was a bit disappointed, which is a bad sign since I love everything.
I keep thinking that I love Zooey Deschanel but when it comes right down to it, I'm not sure I'm that sold on her. And I'm not that sold on her She & Him album, it's alright but I never ever listen to it.
She's cute and appealing but not thaaat cute. I think Audry Tautou is cuter, probably.
Which reminds me, I'm not sure whether I liked the references (?) to Amelie in this movie. Kind of cute.
The whole thing was really a bit too much in places and a bit obvious, but at the same time I rarely see films that address the lopsidedness of most relationships. And other bits I thought were rather lovely.


WOW I AM NEVER GOING TO BE A FILM CRITIC.



I yeah, the other important thing about this film is HOW DREAMY IS JOSEPH GORDON-LEVITT??
No, but really. He is pretty much the babliest babe around. I love his dreamy laugh lines. But I definitely have a thing for laugh line like it makes someone seem so much kinder or warm or something.


SIGH.
blog comments powered by Disqus