9.24.2009

I am no longer a visible minority

I got my hair done yesterday!
I don't think I'd been to a salon in about 2 years. Possibly more.

IMG_3301

I have possibly concluded that I don't really like salons. No, sometimes I do. But they generally make me a bit defensive and a bit nervous. Ha, I'm so dumb.

Anyway, I've been cutting and colouring my own hair for years. And the stylist yesterday said I did good job on the cut. So there. He also said that my hair really wasn't in bad shape from all the home dying. Ha.
Anyway, the good thing about doing one's own hair is that you only have to work it out with yourself and you only have yourself to congratulate or blame for the results.

IMG_3300

Anyway, the stylist was really lovely and did exactly what I asked and we talked everything through and that was great. And I love the cut. It's just cleaned up a lot and added layers and I didn't lose too much length (have you ever noticed you have to fight with stylists to be able to keep length? "How much of this are you going to let me get rid of?").
I got a dark blonde (which turned out to be a light brown) put through to match my roots sort of to be able to grow out my natural colour a bit easier.

IMG_3298

...It's a bit darker than I'd like. And I kind of miss the red. Fine, I miss the red a lot. I may or may not go back to it. I'm giving it a couple of weeks to think about it and then we'll see.
I definitely going to continue on using only semi-permanents though and then eventually I will have a whole head of almost natural coloured hairs. I wish.

IMG_3293

Haha Deck and McGruff today at brunch said "it looks fine" GLOWING REVIEWS.
Just kidding that's fine it's just funny. Dudes are funny.

IMG_3286

It looks really really pretty in these photos in the sunlight, I think. Better than in fake lights. Too bad we all didn't hang out only in sunlight at all times. Think how pretty we'd be...
blog comments powered by Disqus