5.24.2009

go knock em dead go break their hearts

I was riding my bike around the other night in a particularly boobly red dress and I got whistled at a bunch of times, which always just makes me feel reeaal awkward.
And then on my way home I rode up onto the sidewalk and got off my bike to walk it and some dude kind of muttered "yeah, you dismount that bike"
and I was like "yeah, I just did..."

I'm the worst person for strangers to cat-call/try to be inappropriate towards because I usually just respond in an overly awkward way or use a particularly annoying voice.
Pretty effective.



I tried a new hair colour brand. These latest photos showcasing it. It is maybe my favourite yet! It's the cheapest, also.
Reds are so, so brutal to keep though. Basically you look at me and my hair fades.
This one's nice though because it wasn't brassy/extremely fake at all, not even the first day. Aaand two of my favourite natural redheads said they really liked it.
I wish I didn't love this red hair so much. So much effing work.
Someday I'll go back to my natural hair colour maybe. But I don't even really know what it is anymore...


IMG_1219


Play yesterday!
We were kind of nervous. For the first show, especially. I think maybe I wasn't expecting nerves so it extra threw me off. But it went well. Like I said, I was feeling ill, so I went home all afternoon and hung out by myself. Such a homebody these days.
Then I was feeling better but of course the moment I got back for the second run I felt shitty again. Awesome! But it was okay and then I started drinking and the Advil liquigels (aka my best friend forever x 1000) kicked in and it was party time.

IMG_1241
I wore this dress and it's my new favourite so perfect for summer comfortable like nothing else.

We went to the Embassy afterwards and did tequila shots and drank some more. I've been very good about wheat the past few days like not even a little bit of it because I wanted to be good for the play but I did have some beers last night. Stupid wheat is in everythingeverything everything. Ugh.

Then pizza with some babes (more wheat) but Massimo's is so great, so gooey and thin and fresh and nice. Mmhmm.

IMG_1230

I am sad it's done. But that's how it goes. Theatre is so fleeting. Can't watch it again later to feel nostalgic. Unless someone taped it for you. Which they did, actually.

Oh, yeah, also, I loved Birdtown and Swanville's short play that Aurora Stewart De Pena wrote called The Lee Press-On Nails Show. So fun and great. And awesome dance moves and hot babes. Kind of tragic though. But awesome. I'm a big fan of Aurora's plays, I think she's pretty neat and talented. And I love that she and her gang are making great plays for young women. To be in and to enjoy.

Okay Sunday afternoon coffee/brunch, giving up the last kitten time! Yikes!

IMG_0924
blog comments powered by Disqus