7.28.2008

hello miss lady

Cottage-friends reunion party yesterday!!!
(I am going to get to uploading all of the cottage pictures but I'm waiting on a couple to fill in the blanks to write a whole travelogue that will be sure to bore everyone except for me!)

Went to the island with the girls for Wakestock (yes I know!) saw my pro-skateboarder friend (does that impress you?) briefly but missed him skate, sad emoticon. I wanted to go and heckle so badly. We got in because our bffs from cottage-party play in Metric and they missed us so much and needed to see us so badly that they said "come to Wakestock" and we said "maaaaaybe".

We were all completely hung over and completely terribly-mooded. Nice.

I fell so badly flat-on-my-face, actually mostly on my knee, right when we got there. I am a class act. I felt embarrassed. Luckily no one pointed and laughed, to my face anyway.

Wakestock was sucking so we ended up at The Rectory on Ward's island and had some pretty tasty foods.
Sweet sweet Blanche de Chambly mimosas (brilliant) and tri-bean hummus and fudgey brownie. Uh huh yeah.
extra shot of espresso pls
tri-bean hummus!

oh lordy brownie

We only went back to Wakestock in time to see our friends before they went on.
Backstage I pretended to eat a peach which was beat up from being in my bag forever even though "no outside food or drink!"
peachy keen



Then we watched the show! Standing side stage is actually way less fun then you would think, the sound is not the best but it is the best for getting out of the rain (which started the exact moment their set started, no kidding).
I am certainly not a band photographer:


metric
dance party
(haha dance party)

My friend was there taking PROFESSIONAL pictures! Fun times for us!


I think he's going to be able to do my headshots for me soonskies! (when I know what I'm doing with my hairs.)
hipster

Take me backstage now
BACKSTAGE WHAT WHAT
those are what got me that pass

(oh yeah, the best part is that they were out of lanyards and so I had the pass fastened to my bikini top. Beautiful.




riders of the storm
so happy to see me
(aw sweaty drummer hair)

aggressive affection






Took the ferry back to the city,

They shouldn't have poles on that thing.
hold me closer tiny pole-dancer

Ended up back at Dollface's condo to party down. Made a delicious spread of goodness and I wish my stomach hadn't been hurting all day.. sigh.

tasty spread

I almost got pushed into the tub while wearing one of Dollface's hats, which of course lead to a hats-on bath-tub photoshoot. obviously.
bathtub photoshoot!




Holy seriously how are my friends so ridiculously good-looking. It's kind of wild.




That's where the night got sloppy. I'm pretty glad that I'm not at Dollface's to help clean up today. We ate, drank, pushed things around, fell over laughing, then left in a hurry to make last call at Dakota.
I was for sure the least drunk and I was in bad shape... so, you know.
When I left people were falling into each other and playing dice in the alley...




"Why do I seriously like these dudes so much?"
"Because they laugh at your jokes even when they're not funny!"
Oh, right.
Except I've never made an unfunny joke in my life.

Haha found this music video for those boys' other band, Bang Lime

Awesome.
I love bears.

I most certainly do not want to go to work today.
No sir.
blog comments powered by Disqus