6.12.2008

NORTH BY NORTHEAST = PARTY TOWN

Yikes! My first real-time film premiere! Except it's not really. But still.
That short I did, yes we all know the one (A Small Thing by Adam Garnet Jones), is screening today and tomorrow at the Wordwide Shorts festival.
So I'm heading up there right away. To watch myself on the big screen and feel all famous and shit.
YAY!

Better late than never, here are my NXNE picks!!!
(Their fucking website is being a total dink to me right now and this is taking more effort than it should)

THURSDAY (that's tonight!):
Sloan - Mod club - 9 pm
The Coast - Horseshoe - 9 pm
Small Sins - Horseshoe 11 pm
Two Hours Traffic - Rivoli - 12 am
NQ Arbuckle - Dakota - 12 am
Major Maker - El Mo - 1 am
White Cowbell Oklahoma - Horseshoe - 2 am

FRIDAY
The Priddle Concern - Reverb - 9 pm
Boys Who Say No - Cadillac - 9 pm
Great Lake Swimmers - Reverb - 10 pm
Beth in Battle Mode - Holy Joe's - 11 pm
The Mark Inside - Silver Dollar - 11 pm
Laura Barrett - Reverb - 11 pm
Julie Doiron - Horseshoe - 11pm
Meligrove Band - Reverb - 12am
Will Currie and The Country French - Drake - 12 am
The Diableros - Silver Dollar - 1 am
Justin Rutledge - Reverb - 1 am

SATURDAY
Deep Dark Woods - Cadillac - 9 pm
Grand Analog - Reverb - 10 pm
Wordburglar - C'est What - 11 pm
Foxfire - Reverb - 11 pm
Magneta Lane - Rivoli - 1 am
Tin Bangs - Kathedral 1 am
Foxfire - Sneaky Dee's - 3 am

Holy Shit! too many!
(I'm obviously not going to anywhere near all of those. Most of them occur at 9 on Friday. But I still think they're all going to be great shows)

Small Sins - I met the Carnations in Saskatoon back before I even moved here and partied with Thom and the gang at The Senator... Thom was really into Wesley Snipes and kept imitating his sex moves. I've always had a soft spot for Thom since then. Also, Small Sins are really fun and great.

The Coast - has babes in it. My theory is that babes hang out with other babes, so.... you know.

NQ Arbuckle - Maybe it wouldn't be too bad if I hung out at Dakota three days in a row?

Major Maker - I have Lindy's album from back when I went to a Tegan and Sara show where he opened. He has such, such a great voice. I don't like Major Maker as much as I liked Lindy's solo stuff, but I'm an emo wimp and I like heartfelt dream love songs. So whatever.
Also, my cute friend is in one of their videos and it's nice:

And Thom is in this band as well, he's going to be really sweaty tonight.

The Priddle Concern - We've been over this.

Boys Who Say No - New favourite band. Such a good dance party last time I saw them. And nice guys, too. Also they are babes and you now know my theory on babes

Great Lake Swimmers - !!! Love them! Oh so dreamy and sad and hits my faulty-heart in the right way

Beth in Battle Mode - I have never heard their music, but one of them is really nice dude. So I can only assume they're great.

The Mark Inside - !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I haven't seen these dudes in forevers! I dated one of them briefly so long ago that it probably doesn't even count. But I love them all, lovely kids (and babes, so, you know), I used to be their best groupie and dance at all their shows. I should do that more. I hope that Chris gets naked again and plays the guitar with a broken beer bottle (not a lot of smarts there)...

Laura Barrett - I have a thumb-drum, kalimba thing too and I do not do anything anywhere near as cool as she does

Meligrove Band - One of them is very nice and loves kittens. Oh yeah, I also love their music and dance party times

Deep Dark Woods - These dudes are great. I bought their CD to be a supportive friend, but I listen to it constantly. Of my own volition.

Grand Analog - (Give it to me raw like sushi on plates) new BFF / comedy pusher. And even though I have to like him because I'm in his music video, he's still amazing. Great Now Magazine write up today!

Wordburglar - He irritates me in real life, but a seriously good rapper. Nice write-up in Now Magazine today, too! And he really is quite funny.

Foxfire - I'm not as into this band's sound as some people seem to be, but they are some of the nicest kids around and their shows are always Parties x 100, so I'm sold. Obviously!

OMG that was more extensive then I expected!

I LOVE MUSIC

(I probably will just end up sleeping and pouting around and not at any shows at all, knowing me...)
blog comments powered by Disqus