6.21.2008

good-bye flava

Holy lord why do salt and sugar make everything taste oh-so much better?
And why can't I have them!?

So. I must have completely 100% lost my mind.
It's official.

Whilst doing this food cleanse I am also giving up for the next 12 days:

1) alcohol (Mostly, anyhow. Obviously this should go hand-in-hand with the cleanse and I am dangerously close to feeling alcohol dependent, so I could use a break. )

2) cigarettes (I have never been addicted to these buggers, but they sure do show up in my mouth a lot)

3) babes (Once I told my friend, "you have too many babes. Even if the right one was in there somewhere, you wouldn't be able to find him".. I have never taken my own advice. And even though I specifically said that I do not want a repeat of last summer, that is exactly what seems to be happening.. )


I know.
Holy am I going to be a terror.
No, probably not though.

This particular cleanse - Wild Rose Herbal D-Tox is fairly straight-forward. There's herbal supplements and a tincture, and then a food plan. And I can eat as much as I want/need, just only of certain foods.
Hopefully, upon completing the cleanse I will gradually re-introduce possible allergens and see if maybe some of my lethargy/spaciness/headaches/belly-pains are food related.
Wheat is a big one I'm going to look at, as well as yeast and fermentation. And I def have dairy issues, so we'll see how I fare off of that business.
(Oh lord, please don't make me give up cheeeeeses!)

In other news, I think I cured my cold. Or I'm saving it up for when I go onstage next week (I've never done a play without getting sick).

Meredith R. Mistletoe's cure for the common cold (horrendously sore throat): Party All The Time


Now it's time for my regular afternoon nap.
blog comments powered by Disqus