2.24.2008

SRSLY

While I've been jealous of Ellen Page in the past (especially given this whole Oscar thing), it didn't really hit until 2:30 in the morning last night when I was watching Saturday Night Live and saw that she's hosting next week.
Whoa.
And, with musical guests, Wilco.
WTF. Srsly.

So jealous.

Oh yeah, I'm also so glad for her and I think she's really great.

.

My palm has been itching so much lately. I'm either about to become super-rich or I have a bug living under my skin.

.

I'm feeling a bit better today (touch wood). I woke up breathing through my nose, which is always a good sign. I think I'm probably just getting all my colds out of the way for the rest of the year.

.

From my comments:
anonymous said...
"Is it not sort of self-important or self-involved to have such a blog, not to mention a focus on fame or prestige? Not accusing, I just don't see the difference, or the the heart in working to be 'famous'. Contrary to this the writing seems to come from a much more purposeful and heart-felt place."

While I am constantly hard on people - critical and judgemental, let it be known that I am just as hard on myself.
And I hate most in others what I see/fear in myself. Of course.
As for the focus on fame... it's mostly tongue-in-cheek. I do not actually expect to achieve any level of "fame", only success. I don't believe there will ever be a time where I am a household name or where I appear in tabloids. I do believe that I could be a working actor, make a job out of it. And being an actor is mostly about story-telling. The same thing I do here, or in my poetry, or in screenplays or in theatre.

And I'm totally going to blame not having a dad for my being such an attention-seeking megalomanic.
Oh. And everything else that's wrong with me.
blog comments powered by Disqus