2.09.2008

Hockey Day in Canada!

ABC Family bought Sophie.
http://www.cbc.ca/arts/tv/story/2008/02/05/sophie-abc.html?ref=rss
Which proves that the writers' strike has affected their heads. Oh, wait, ABC Family was the one with the series Beautiful People (which is how I met Teddy Geiger one time and he fell in love with me, but that's another story), so their heads were already messed.
Also interesting in this article - I didn't realize it was an adaptation of a successful Quebecoise TV series.
This is maybe the only show of CBC's new line-up that I can bear to watch without clawing at my face, but it is still just not very good.
It's the over-done caricatures that are still really getting to me. And how completely unrealistic some of the characters are. "It's fresh and funny but with real heart and warmth." - ABC Family worker guy
Really?
Really though?

I made my friend watch JPod with me last night while we were getting ready to go out.
Whoa. We were both in awe. Of how bad it is.
Even the costume design of that show screams Canadian TV.
The resident bad boy/sex addict wearing DOG TAGS, seriously? Of course he is. With his spiky hair and Diesel Clothing, his motorcycle boots and unbuttoned shirts. And the "pretty girl" who happens to be blonde and blue-eyed and wears a whole goddamn lot of pink... ingenious. And the Asian girl who wears printed T's and shorts with boots! Awesome.
I can't take any of these characters seriously because I want to punch them.
And that's not even getting into how bad the plot lines are. (Seriously you kidnapped the woman who wrote the happy birthday song and then posted a video of her rolling around in money on the internet? Neat!)

I heard rumours that a US station was going to pick up The Border as well, until they realized that it sucks. I only watched the first episode of this and it seemed fine. But fine is never something that's going to keep viewers coming back for more. It's funny that in Canada we settle for 'fine', like it's the best we can do, so it's worthwhile. Nope. Not good enough.

The news this morning was saying that the American writers are in talks again this weekend. So the strike just might be settled soon.

I've always said that I'd way rather work in Canada, but these days... the industry is just so disappointing.

The problem is that I care.
I wish it meant nothing to me.

.

More to say except I have to run to work and I seem to be wearing some sort of "streetcar repellent" these days.
Any time I leave my house there are no streetcars in sight and even if they do come around they always short-turn and leave me stranded and stuff.
Yay TTC!

Tonight I plan on seeing How She Move. I love dance movies like I can't even tell you, and this one stars one of my college classmates. So it should be interesting...
Oh and stay tuned for how much I love hipster parties with cupcakes bakes into ice cream cones and pretentious discussions about film and art in general!
Mmmhmmm....
blog comments powered by Disqus