2.15.2008

I'm so famous. And humble

So I had a mini(?) break-down the other night. Where I wanted to quit all this silly business and get an office job and a nice husband and a family and not party all the time and not get judged for looking Amish or having a speech impediment.

Oh yeah, on top of the speech impediment the casting director also asked my agent why I went in looking so "Amish".
Okay.
It's for the role of a BANK TELLER. So I wore a BLOUSE and a VEST. Okay? That's what bank tellers wear. Jesus shit.

And then my agent and I had a talk about how I need to be able to sell product. And how looking appealing was part of it. Including looking "sexy" to some degree.
Ugh.

So, yes. I cried for awhile and felt completely panicked and stressed out and vowed to kick that casting director in the shins. (Which you shouldn't do because then they won't have you back for auditions, I bet. They might even suggest to other casting directors that they not have you in for auditions. They're very silly like that).

But then.
After all that.
I BOOKED ANOTHER COMMERCIAL.
I booked two in one week! They have no idea just how over exposed I am about to become. I'm the female equivalent of Nick (my friend who is in every single commercial). Except better looking. And more Amish. And with more of a speech impediment.

It looks like I'm going to be doing a bunch of voice warm-ups.

Luckily I'm going to wardrobe this afternoon and I'm ridiculously hung-over.
Yay!
blog comments powered by Disqus