2.25.2008

I like boys with strong convictions and convicts with perfect diction

I expected to like Juno and did (when I watched it illegally online yesterday because everyone already saw it without me).
I felt like it was missing something. I'm not sure what though. More? More about each character? More about the kids' interactions?

Michael Cera was really lovely. Almost a babe, even. Maybe it was the shorts. Though he is always pretty much the same (oh we all play ourselves anyhow) he had a sweetness here that I liked a whole lot.

The movie was more like New Waterford Girl than I expected, and actually more like the TV show I'm writing...
That's alright. I was looking for something easy to compare my script/pitch with. Besides My So-Called Life.
.

I watched the Oscars last night with the girls and I ate until I wanted to barf. I'm insane these days and I think I deserve everything, especially candy for sure.

The Oscars were boring and no one looked particularly good. Brad Renfro wasn't in the in memoriam video. Sad. I want to wear something pretty too. I'm supposedly going to the ACTRA awards this weekend. Maybe I'll look fancy for that. Maybe I'll nominate myself and then I'll win and then I'll storm the stage. Just saying.
.

I'm enrolling my family in my song-of-the-day e-newsletter. If you would also like to be a part of this club, you should tell me. Then I will send you songs. It'll be like me making you a mixtape except way less cool.

I never buy CDs but I bought Jenn Grant's today. Because it's that good (and I couldn't find it to download). I heard her once on CBC radio in my mum's truck and stuck that name in my head because the songs are so remarkably beautiful.
blog comments powered by Disqus