2.10.2008

Oh, shit, I started eating another cookie before finishing the last one

Q: Hey Meredith, what are you eating?
A: Everything in sight.

I'm in a mood.

Turned out the skills competition was just a Maple Leafs hockey skills competition.
LAME

Oh, but I did make $6 in tips!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
But luckily I was only there for 1.5 hours and they still have to pay me for three. Bam.

Guess what happened to me today?!?!

I watched TWO Canadian TV shows that I didn't hate on sight!
Seriously, so exciting.

a)Battlestar Galactica:
The improv dudes won't shut up about this, they want to move into this show and marry it, so when I came across it on TV I chose it over Disney's Ice Princess.
So besides the fact that I have no idea what's going on, I liked it a lot. Acting was a bit spotty in places, but it seemed like they genuinely cared about each other and that even though they seem to be in some sort of "giant lot of trouble" as the human race, I'd still like to hang out with them.
Oh, and I love spaceships.

b) Heartland
I miss the prairies so hard when I see this sort of thing. I was totally expecting something like "Nothing Too Good For a Cowboy", luckily that was not the case. It is actually a rather warm and lovely show. I am particularly enamoured with the grandfather, played by Shaun Johnston. He is very charming and makes me wish I had a grandad. Actually, I just watched watched September Dawn, in which he plays opposite the always lovely Tamara Hope.
But yes, lovely setting, beautiful use of light and scenery, appropriately costumed, and kind of touching.
Yay, CBC and I aren't in such a giant fight. Still a big fight though. Don't even get me started on Little Mosque on the Prairie...

Also, I did indeed go to see How She Move. Awesome.
I love dance movies. I'm never pretending I don't.

Now I want to be a step dancer. Except I've never had a muscle in my life.

My college classmate, Dwain, was really excellent. More than held his own and really carried the film. Oh, and danced. I believe that's probably owed to all those ballroom dance classes we had. I can only assume.
I liked the grainy, gritty feel of this film. It wasn't pretending to be a polished Hollywood product, it felt more honest. Still pretty formulaic in the plot-line, but I'll forgive them because I love dance movies. I'll admit the mother and father had me tearing up at the end.
But I cry at everything...
I'm not sure this movie was actually "good" and I am definitely not a part of the Black step community in Scarborough, so I have no idea how realistic it was.
But I love dance movies.

Hmmm. That GF might have been a little bit right about No One by Alicia Keys. It does kind of hit the spot when you're wanting that spot hit.

There's lots of grammar/spelling mistakes in this blog. I bet you feel a little self-righteous when you spot them.
blog comments powered by Disqus