2.19.2008

snot true

Here's an email I received today. It is a response to a listing I posted on a donor insemination registry website.


Dear Meredith:

Last night I listened to the Ideas programme on CBC Radio. It was about artificial insemination and the search by offspring for donor fathers and siblings. After listening to the programme it prompted me to look on the internet for sites to list contact information. I found your listing and I thought I should contact you. I was a donor in the programme in Saskatoon at the time you were conceived, however, I doubt that I am the one. The donor is described as very funny and I don't think I am very funny. Congenial, perhaps. I am 6 feet tall with dark brown hair, eye colour is blue, actually sort of blue-green. I do have freckles. The most recent of my ancestors arrived in Canada from northern England in 1835. If you are interested to ask any questions, please feel free to send me an e-mail and I will give you a telephone number.

Best wishes,

****


Hmm.

While nothing discounts him completely from being that Biodad of mine, it does seem pretty unlikely.

I think I'm still interested in contacting him (maybe even more so, knowing he isn't my relation) and seeing what it's like being in the other side of my boat. Especially from the same situation. Same doctors, same procedure. Similar experience to that of Biodad.

.

Set was amazing today. I did good work I think (or at least was told continuously). The best compliment I received was from the product client who sought me out afterwards to say
"I hope that this spot serves you as well as it will serve us, because it is very funny and people should be lined up to use you"

Then we, of course, made jokes about how "using" me maybe wasn't the classiest way of putting it and so on and so forth.

The boy acting opposite me was really great. Very confident and calm. And funny, of course.
But he reminded me so much of my old BFF/one time BF (twice involved, off and on best friend). And so my heart ached gently all day looking at him.
I'm constantly missing people.

I love being the star of the show. I gotta say, when things revolve around me, I am way more happier. Also, making jokes with the crew and getting them all on my side is also my favourite. One camera guy and I called each other every derogatory/cutesy name we could think of. Then I topped it off with "dinkus" and that really seemed to stick.

I've never eaten so many pieces of gum in my life. It's pretty good gum though. But I didn't get a lifetime supply.
.

I'm sick as a dog again. I can't seem to kick this. It's sort of ridiculous. I left improv early yesterday (and I never miss improv! or the drinking afterwards!) but luckily not before my most insane/beyond over-the-top strange classmate rhymed "chin" with "nipple". Maybe she just doesn't understand rhyming?

I'm gooing out every facial orifice. I'm disgusting. And so sick of being sick. I'm glad I held it together on set and kept my voice even through the countless blood-curdling screams I produced.

But I have two auditions tomorrow. One for Best Buy. I've been called back for two different Best Buy commercials and have not landed one yet and so I refuse to take them seriously.
But I still have to get it together. Maybe not snot all over the casting peeps.
Or maybe I will.
blog comments powered by Disqus