2.21.2008

My face is leaking

I have a callback this afternoon, but I'm still not taking them seriously.

And I'm still sicker than sick. I tried so hard to sleep in but coughing woke up.
I can't really talk, so I'm sure that this audition will go swimmingly.

Nick Rose CD release last night at the Horseshoe. Oh lord, so good. Nick's band is my absolute favourite right now. Even if I didn't like him as a person, I'd still love this stuff.
A solid night, started off by Dan Griffin. I bought his CD when I was blind-drunk one night and have never regretted it. It's some of my favourite walking music. His set was solid but I was distracted by finding friends and making friends be friends with friends and getting my drink on, etc.
Nick's band is so good and so nice. I love the constant (yet smooth) switch up of instruments. Nick mixes sweet folk ballads with danceable country swing in such a lovely way. Great use of steel guitar and keyboards, mandolin and harmonica. Oh yeah, and Nick's voice is seriously incredible (I actually mentioned it in a poem I wrote years ago).
I listened to the EP on getting home, and it is gorgeous. I was expecting it to have all the songs I've downloaded from his myspace page but it has a couple of new ones that I'd only heard live. Really well put-together, warm, ahhh, I want to say heart-warming, in fact. But. You know.
Only complaint is that it's too short.
If this were an MP3 blog I would choose Light At Dawn for you to listen to. As it is, you should go listen to it on his myspace. Really.

The best part of the show was dancing up front with family members and friends, the best kind of people who dance however they like and don't care. My absolute favourite.
A few people said to me that I'm their favourite Sweet Thing dancer (Nick's other longer-time band). I guess that has been my role for years. I've been slacking lately.
They should take me on tour with them when they go with Dragonette.

Just Jokes. Gosh.

I saw Hayden yesterday at brunch. His hair was looking good. I think he hates me because I always stare at him really really creepily. Hot.

Work tonight and then I'm going to try very, very hard to not go partying afterwards. To sleep instead. For at least 12 hours. Coughing or no coughing.

I've finally done a bit of work on Et Puis? News Magazine #5!
I'm going to have to decide a release date and plan a partypartyparty.
You'll have to come. Please?

I still have a few of #4 lying around if you're in need.

Oh yeah. You want to hear pure idiocy?
I seriously thought my ink cartridges had been hijacked from my computer. Turns out they just hide themselves away inside the machine. They scamper by when I boot it up, but only if I lift the cover. I had to press a weird button to get them to come out and be replaced.
I'm very, very technologically advanced.
blog comments powered by Disqus