11.09.2008

schooled

Went an after hours loft party for Sass's birthday last night.
On account of it being a loft party there were a tonne of people smoking inside. Kind of wild how that was only outlawed a few years ago. It makes such a difference, my throat hurts this morning from being up in that and washing my hair this morning I realized how much bad smoke smell it trapped.
Nice.

I have a subscription to Geist magazine by proxy (meaning, it still comes to my house despite the subscriber not living here anymore. and I contacted the subscriber via Facebook [the new phonebook] to see if he wanted his magazines and he told me I could read them), and it was making me think about how I want to be a writer. But I never write.
This is my main issue, the lack of actual writing.
I'm basically an idea-factory, but in terms of actual sitting down to write... yeah, not my forte.
Or my family's forte. If my family all produced what we are theoretically capable of, well, we'd be damn prolific.

Anyhow. So I got to thinking about going back to school. For writing. I mean, I don't do anything in the daytimes anyway, I could keep my same jobs, keep going to auditions (miss class as necessary - it's not like I go out all that often anyhow).
The only thing is how I would need to get more student loans.. and I haven't even made a dent in paying off the last ones.
It would be different if I were guaranteed a well-paying job after this bought of school.......

OH, I don't know.

I'm just sort of uncomfortable with what I'm doing with my life, I need more going on, and I'm not sure I can self-start this, I'm pretty bad at making myself do work.

And it's kind of weird but I feel strangely about not having a university degree. I'm pretty smart so I feel like I should be more educated or something.
But then maybe I wouldn't even go to university, maybe I would go to college...
Or maybe I should take some part time courses. Do they have part time courses in the daytimes? Because that's when I'm available...

Oh jeez.
Luckily I'll probably be over this idea by next week.
blog comments powered by Disqus