11.29.2008

if at first you don't succeed, try the same thing over and over again

So the Gemini Awards just happened, I guess.
I had no idea on account of I never watch TV on the TV and also it's The Geminis... No one pays any attention. Aaand it wasn't even broadcast on a main network. How ridiculous!
Kind of ridiculous the way we are about our industry up here.

I'll let you in on a little secret, too: if you win a Gemini and want an actual statue to keep (who wouldn't??) you have to buy it!
How wild is that!

Also, classically Canadian information,The Star tells me that "many" of the shows that won awards have already been canceled. Including Intelligence and Cock'd Gunns. This marks the second time that Morgan Waters (of Cock'd Gunns and The Morgan Waters Show) has won a Gemini for a canceled show. This country is ridiculous!
We are ridiculous about this industry!
So content to just take in anything the U.S. is doing and not produce anything meaningful of our own.
UGH.

Good thing I never get around to writing anything, there's no damn point around here!

This country keeps on producing shit series that are just mimicking American shows. It's so frustrating!

How does Quebec have its own thriving film and TV industry and we do not?
This is unacceptable.
We accept and praise mediocrity constantly. We pat ourselves on the back for the shitty things that get made.

I wish I had the answers though.
Same rant after same rant, I know.
Maybe it's just going to be one of those days.

But, hey, I've been taking my iron and vit. D every day and now I'm only sleeping 7 or 8 hours a night instead of my usual 10-12...
blog comments powered by Disqus