11.28.2008

producing!

Whoa, it'd be bad enough to work at Wal-Mart but imagine getting trampled to death by shoppers the day after Thanksgiving...
Wal-Mart Worker Dies After Shoppers Knock Him Down

In other news, I am being so ridiculously productive today. Amazing. I was also productive last night. And I'm putting those craft supplies to good use!
Ugh, that's the shitty thing about crafting for Christmas - I can't really post pictures because it would ruin all the surprises!

But I am very, very pleased with a few of the things I crafted...

Also, I made soup!!!
And that I can tell you about:

Meredactyl's American Thanksgiving Soup
1 large onion
4 cloves of garlic
big ol' can of tomatoes
some zucchini
1/2 cup (? I don't know) dried lentils
small can of mushrooms
small can of corn
whole lot of Italian seasoning
salt and pepper

fry up the diced onions and crushed garlic in a bit of oil for a while, when they are brownish add can of tomatoes, a bunch of water, seasonings, and lentils. And also the diced zucchini. Then cook it for awhile. Then add the mushrooms and corns. Then cook it for a longer while. Probably add some more water, especially if you like it to be less like stew than my mum prefers.

It's really good soup. It's maybe my favourite of all the soups I've made lately. Goddamn I love soups, though.
And lentils help control your blood sugar levels. Uh huh.


Went to Magpie last night for the first time in ages. They have lots of beers. But no sign of the Christmas flavours yet. Hung out with some peeps including Cpt. Heh and also my friend with a broken collarbone that protrudes and he tried to make me touch it but I didn't want to so I threatened to punch him in it. Nice.

After the beer we went to 7eleven to buy a whole goddamn lot of candy and chips and things and then we went to the Cpt's house to eat it and watch Futurama. Except immediately after I stopped chowing down I started to fall asleep so I had to go home...
Party pooper.
Where's is my party-all-the-time spirit lately, guys?
Actually, I don't mind as long as I keep being somewhat productive. And it's not like I'm managing to spend less money, so...

Speaking of which, holy does it just leak off of me...
I need a money-spending prohibitor device somehow hooked up to me.
blog comments powered by Disqus