2.03.2009

I want to go to there

I have done nothing today. Nothing nothing nothing.
Well, I bathed and I read and I slept and I watched two movies. But, yeah, pretty much nothing.

I'm sick again! Or still! It's hard to tell.
Actually it's just this cough that I can't seem to shake. Had it since that cold a couple of weeks ago. Except it got way worse yesterday and is still pretty terrible today. So I'm lazy and exhausted and doped-up. I can't really sleep properly because I'm coughing too hard.
My life is very fun.

Today I watched:
Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist
This movie is a very good movie. I like that book too, and this movie did it justice. Why is Michael Cera a babe now? How did that happen, even? But he really is kind of perfect in this film. I realize he is very one-note, but man do I like that note.
Also, Kat Dennings was perfect. So likable and warm and pretty. Both of them together were good news.
Though, I have to tell you, this is exactly the sort of movie I would like, so maybe I was pre-disposed to enjoying it (not that that matters to me).

Vicky Cristina Barcelona
Guys, I have issues with Woody Allen. Too bad, I just do. And this movie was really good and stuff but man sometimes when I think about Woody Allen I just want to punch him in the head. For various reasons. But also I felt like a bunch of this movie was sort of stilted and awkwardly improv'd and pretentious.
Also, I'm over Scarlett Johansson. Could she be any more of a caricature of herself? You're good-looking, we get it. Now do something else.
The other lead though, Rebecca Hall, I liked. A lot. Except for the awkward dialogue bits. I felt sometimes like I was watching theme rehearse for the movie. Maybe it's just a style that I don't like?
Maybe I'm just not deep enough to get it?

(I mean, I liked Nick and Nora more than Vicky Cristina? Except there was an odd sort of honesty to Nick and Nora, it was what it was... and also I like how it dealt with sex (especially) and the hard parts of being a teenager. It's a movie that I think is good for kids. And it's so charming. Whatever. I love teen fiction/movies/etc. So there.)

UGH I am not feeling happy about feeling so shitty. Pretty over it.

Did hit up Dakota Tavern last night. Good thing there was an article about it in the Toronto Star. Like it needed bigger line-ups!
We waited in line for about a billion years but I felt like it was pretty worth it, I was especially enjoying it for a bit there.
Meant to go home a bit early as Dollface had an early appointment. But we couldn't resist hitting up The Lakeview Lunch, which is now open 24 hours. The food was so good! Way better than I expected. Probably the best grilled cheese I've had in awhile, I have to go back and ask what cheese were in there, 'cause holy hell it was good. We also had mac n cheese and onion rings. Because we are healthy and I am very skinny and fit.
Whatever, it was delicious.

Okay. I have to go back to doing a lot of nothing right now. And think about sleeping. Maybe even try it out...
blog comments powered by Disqus