2.23.2009

and the oscar goes to...

I watched the Oscars last night with Mrs., we were supposed to go to her BF's house to watch with a bunch of people but instead inhaled a giant bottle of wine and ate potato chips from Honest Ed's (weirdly delicious).

Such a good Oscars! Am I right? I wasn't just drunk, was I?
It seemed like a lot of old-world glamour and Mrs. pointed out how beautiful the sets are (she does set dec. and props for film and TV, oh and also just got a job as an assistant on Flashpoint! Congrats Mrs.!), simple and shimmery and all golden and stuff. I thought all the dresses were really lovely and sort of themed, like they all planned it.
SIGH WHEN DO I GET TO GO.
And when do I get to be nominated, also??


Could I love Tina Fey any more? Could I?
It seems impossible, my heart swells at the sight of her... she's so great. I want to get married to her and create comedy gold forever and ever.
And pairing her with Steve Martin to present? Perfect.


Um, this guy's acceptance speech?
Amazing.
I wept, almost.
So, so lovely. What a lovely dude. Best Gaybe, for sure.
He is going to be in so much trouble from church groups for telling all the little gays that god loves them. So great.


And KATE WINSLET???
What a beautiful, classy, deserving lady. No, she is perfect. I want her career!
I want a career even close to what she's done!

The whole presentation is great, so moving, if you want to just see Kate's speech, skip to 5:08.

MORE SIGHS.
blog comments powered by Disqus