5.13.2008

saskahome

Mum says that even if we do go to the lake and even if it is 24 above, that I still can't go swimming. She says the ice hasn't even thawed. Well, that sounds like bullshit to me.
Once we went to Pike Lake in early June and it was only about 15 degrees and I went swimming and I was so cold I thought I was going to die. I put my head under and my scalp felt hard like frozen leather. It was like a brain-freeze from too much slushie but from the outside instead.


Might go to the river today. And I'll want to go in it.
Trying to do anything with this whole family is like herding cats, my aunt says.
I remember when I was small it was just me, my mum, my two aunts, and my cousin. And we all fit into the Datsun 210 wagon (stuff of dreams) and went to Safeway on Saturdays and had lunch (and then just coffee when we got poorer) at Tradgers (sp?? I couldn't remember the name of that damn place for about five minutes here). Now there's like ten billion of us. Well, 11 at most family gatherings. Which is too many.
And that's why I don't have a boyfriend. I just don't want to complicate our outings.

omg cute

This baby looks like I did when I was a baby. Such, such a square head! like a cube! And sticky-out ears. So great.

cube-head





This trip is the most relaxed I've had since moving away four years ago. Always there's been a sort of panic around the edges with how much I've been missing everyone and how long it's been. But this is a sort of extra trip, I'm going to try and come home three times this year and it makes it easier to be away. Even the babies haven't grown terrible amounts and no one's life has changed so dramatically that I can't catch up to it.
Well, mostly.

But good goddamn are there people I love so hard here. I'm pretty bad at telling everyone how much I love them, I should try harder.

In Saskatoon everyone seems slightly more well-rounded than people I meet in Toronto. Maybe because I know all of the back-stories. But people here seem more like real characters, never fitting into a type or group, really.

Things are funny here. I've laughed to squealing and falling over at least once a day. At least.

"I don't sense your commitment to me making out with your roommate"
- me

I'm hoping for some time to do nothing in the next few days.. we'll see if that happens. I'm not confident that it will. At all.
But there are some pretty sweet parties happening. And an odd amount of babes (for Saskatoon, I mean). I'm going to hit on them.

I posted the same picture twice in the previous entry. You didn't notice because you're not very bright. But I meant to post this one:
blog comments powered by Disqus