5.17.2010

ready reddy

It takes so little to set me off sometimes but, yeah, I'm reactive. In good and bad ways.

I just got this email sent through my acting site with a fake reply email address:

"A Small Thing was just on CBC. You broke my heart. Fantastic performance."

Why the fake email address? I want to be best friends. Or at least have you know that that made my night and make me choke up a bit because it was kind of what I needed to hear. Even though it choked me up.

THEN right after posting that to facebook I checked facebook-mail and got this:

"Hello there. I just watched "A Small Thing" on CBC. I was just about to turn the television off for the night, and then the film came on. I am glad, because I thought it was good, and I thought you were especially good. So I totally creeped the director's name, found the name of the film, found out who you were, and am now creeping to tell you all of this. Anyway, have a pleasant night, keep up the good work, and any other cliche that conveys positive energy towards your acting :) "

Why can't I be on TV every day and have people email me all the time? It hurts my heart and fills me up at the same time.
These dudes are my new favourites.
I'm ready to be a working actor. I'm ready to be really, really good. And successful.


Here's the trailer for Hey, George, which is screening at Worldwide Shorts in June (I'll post the dates/times don't worry).

The director and I are talking next moves, more shorts..
I'm ready to film something.

.

This weekend I worked a concert that was Them Crooked Vultures and opening up for them was Arkells. It was maybe the first time that people I know have played a venue I'm working, and I felt a bit strange about it.
Embarrassed to be working.

Service industry is hard.
In a non-service job you have a boss, maybe a couple of bosses. In service every single customer feels like they are your boss. It's hard not to feel like you're beneath people. Like you're a lower class of person.

I make a stupid amount of money for how much (little) work I do and yet I have to wear an ugly bowling shirt and a name tag and get called "sweetheart" and try to fix everyone's bad moods and cater and pander to asshats.

You know all that.

It was good to see the little buds on stage, though. I was up on 300 so it was a good vantage to see all the people watching them. So funny (and lovely) to watch them singing and playing and leading clap-alongs.
Especially since I don't know if I'd ever even seen them live before, or if I just assumed that I had.

Ha, then I ended up running into both the dudes I (vaguely) know from Arkells as I was leaving (we always close up way before the concert is over). Both just wandering the concourse, wait, no, one was getting his photo taken with fans(!).
Funny because I rarely see co-workers I'm looking for in that giant place, let alone band members who were playing.

It was great, though. I love seeing buds be successful. I assume that's going to be all of us sooner and later, so I'm just getting acclimatised to it...

I ended up at an after-party that wasn't overly-exciting and I didn't see Dave Grohl at all, not once.
But one time (at Edge Fest, remember Edge Fest?) many years ago we sat at the fence and yelled through to the musicians on the other side and Dave Grohl came over and hung with us for a bit.
This was also the day I made bestfriends with Niki, so that means it was the summer before grade 12. Also that day we saw Trevor MacGregor from Treble Charger wandering in the crowd and we were so awestruck that he was there among us and we approached him and at first he denied that it was him but we knew. Pretty funny.
Man, I used to love Treble Charger so hard back then. Before they got shitty.
I still have my signed converse-release Treble Charger single.
Beat that.
blog comments powered by Disqus