5.18.2010

ordinator

I just spent a lot of time looking for photos to put in this entry but then I gave up, sorry I know entries that are photo-less are hard to get through.

So my friend Bee and I have been talking about writing a TV show.
This started as an elaborate joke where we were planning on making a parody of The Hills called The 'Woods and it would be centered around Trinity Bellwoods and it would just have extreme hipsters in as dumb/pointless/awkward situations.
(still a hilarious idea that I think we should maybe still do)

But then it's been turning and shifting more and more in my brain and becoming more like an actual TV series and I'm always wanting to write a series and I'm really pleased with some of what's come up.
But I'm having a hard time sitting down to properly write it (though I've done far more work on it than I'd expect) because I don't quite know what it is exactly that I want to write.

Most of the work I (with Bee's brainstorming, other friends' influence, etc.) have been doing is just funny bits and words and sentences and situations and scenes.
I'm having trouble with what I want the actual concept to be.

I'm also having trouble with my involvement in ACTRA (still at the Apprentice stage so I could still opt out..) and how it's limiting me in working, but also how it's limiting what I write and create. It limits who I can work with and there are both union and non-union people I'm wanting to collaborate with.
But that's another whole rant.

Being creative and nutso is hard work. Sometimes I imagine being the type of person who is happiest working a couple of jobs to make enough money to go to Mexico for an all-inclusive in February.

I'm not even meaning that in a patronizing way, it sounds rather nice.
And you wouldn't have to worry about being extraordinary.

HA. NOT THAT I'M SUCCEEDING (yet.)


Cleaning out the fridge is extremely satisfying, but even better is buying the awesome food to fill up a newly cleaned-out fridge.

I finally got around to buying some rice bread and it's actually quite delicious, dense and sweetened with fruit juices, apparently, and it's kind of chewy and nice.
I've been having grilled cheese sandwiches with -Swiss -Extra old white cheddar -Apple Slices

So good. I can't believe I went so many years eating my grilled cheeses without apple slices.
Although tomatoes are good, too.

for dinner, after groceries, I had:
rice-almond crackers
fancy garlic hummus
carrots
apples
cheeses
olives

and a virgin bloody mary... complete with horseradish. Yes.


Ha, see? Pure ordinary, all the time.

Tomorrow I'm working the day game, then meeting about making a short, then going to see Babies, the documentary about babies.
I'm a little nervous to see it, for obvious reasons.
Love babies.
blog comments powered by Disqus