9.29.2010

this seems the way it seems the way it seems is the way you want it to be

HI HI HI HI
sometimes friendships prove more like work than like good-for-yous.
It's hard to tell sometimes when that line is crossed.
Harder still to cut it off. But for the best? It's good to figure out what you do want, though. For comparison.


Yesterday I had a super lovely day in the afternoon I had brunch then coffee with Reggie then I worked then Flash Gordon and I went out for food/drinks at Java House.

I love that Flash Gordon pretty much all the time. And Reg is pretty genius, etc.

We had discussions about relationships and so on.

We discussed what we look for in romantic involvements.

A weird turn of thought happened today/yesterday/last week/tomorrow in terms of "relationships" for me. Someone pointed out that you're looking for a best friend.


AFUCKINGBESTFRIEND. WTF. BEST FRIEND.
what a novel idea??

Why is that so different than the idea I had before?

A BEST FRIEND.
NEW FAMILY MEMBER.


If you're going to go ahead and start something with someone (lord knows I never really do but always sort of want to in theory if its enough) it shouldn't be based on looks/talent/impressions.... it should be based on how much time you actually, technically want to spend that person. How at ease you are? How calmed down you are by them being around? How much smiling happens when you see them?

This theory, this is good.
I still will 100% not pretend I know anything about anything. Nor that I know how to go about things.
I DO NOT.

I had a time tonight at Dakota with Reg and Dollface and Prune and everyone else. I will quit pretending right now that I know anything about anything.
blog comments powered by Disqus