9.27.2010

holyholy 3 months until christmas

so I maybe just bought another pair of glasses from Clearly Contacts sight unseen.
bbbbbbbut they were so cheap that it seemed unreasonable not to? They were %50 off their price for this weekend only. how could I not?


Also, I love glasses. Also, I love Toronto.

I miss Saskatchewan. I miss Saskatchewan so bad some days, yeah? Who's with me?
I served a woman today at the dome who lives in Esterhazy, who lived in Saskatoon for most of her life. I asked her how was Esterhazy she said "small".
Most places are hard sometimes.

I'm tiredtired. I don't know how much I was admitting to that until I typed it out. But I am exhausted. To the core. I haven't spent much time alone in weeks and weeks. Even tonight I should have and I didn't. It was fine and lovely and fun but man, I shouldn't have left the house.
Fall, ya know?

I feel like there's a distinct possibility that the babes I am into right now (or even people I see) are based on how it's fall, it's getting colder, Christmas is coming (I've never brought anyone to Christmas, and I have no real need to but I feel like I get nutso about the idea of family + true love + building traditions, holding something down, being a regular woman + having a cuddle + etc etc at this time of year), not on how I am really feeling, what I'm really wanting.
Oh, except everything is just about deciding how to feel.

There's a novel here that I'm supposed to be reading that I stole from Dollface Cottage called Consolation.
Everytime I see it I sing in my head or out loud (mostly out loud, I'm not the worst singer only medium-bad):
"There will be no consolation prize
this time the bone has broken clean
no baptism, no reprise
no sweet-tasting victory
all the stars have fallen from the sky
and everything else in between
sattelites have closed their eyes
the moon has gone to sleep"

that's my favourite part of that Jann Arden song. Always has been. ha! I've never owned a Jann Arden record. But sometimes I find her soothing. I feel like I should feel embarrassed about that.
Never mind.

I keep thinking of things to tell you but sometimes I wish this were still Diaryland and no one read it and I could write everythingeverything. Win some, lose some.

One thing I won:
Knowing about Burnett's Sweet Tea Vodka from steph. Delicious. I really really like the internet. I need to spend less time on it, though.
blog comments powered by Disqus