8.20.2009

I got nothing for y'all

the heat is sort of wearing
I'm working every day until hometime (next Tuesday!) and I'm not really into that. I'm pretty sure last night's co-worker pilfered tips. nice! From my tip box $97, from his $62 or something. Hmmmm.
He is pretty rude to customers though. Maybe that's it.

I was in such a good mood at work last night but also felt completely unable to deal with the horrendous levels of BLATANT RUDENESS I so often encounter there.

1. DON'T TOUCH MY TIP BOX. Do not move it out of your way. Do not put your hands in there even if you're just making change for yourself, I can help you with change no problem.

2. DO NOT START ORDERING FROM ME IF I AM NOT LOOKING AT YOU. Especially if I am counting money. Holy Presumptuous.

3. DO NOT INSIST ON GETTING THE ROUND FOR YOUR FRIENDS AND THEN NOT TIP. Ohhhh yes, you are oh-so-very generous... oh wait, nope.

4. DO NOT COMMENT ON HOW MUCH FOAM THERE IS ON THE BEER WHEN IT IS NOWHERE NEAR YOU. The kegs are constantly blowing/effing up. I will never pour you a draft that's all head. Please do not assume that I will.

5. DO NOT GRAB CUPS FROM MY STACK WITHOUT ASKING. Those cups are all accounted for and could cost us (from pocket) up to $10 each.

6. DO NOT FREAK OUT ON ME BECAUSE OF THE PRICES. You are at a giant sporting arena. What did you expect? Also, you must know that I do not benefit from these prices.

7. DO NOT MAKE COMMENTS ABOUT TIPS/ASK IF MY TIP BOX IS FOR YOU AND THEN NOT LEAVE A TIP. (this always happens. Always.)



okay.
I think it's safe to say that I've worked in the service industry too long.
Come on, acting career!!



My 18 year old brother has been in town the past couple of nights. He didn't really do much/see much of the city (probably my fault) but we had a lot of fun, actually.
I moved away when he was not even 13, so I really don't know him at all. Kind of funny, that. He's a solid guy though. And I took him for sushi and shwarma (sp?) both he'd never tried. And of course to Aunties.
And drinking in the park (cool older sis points).


okay work time. Working on building up a good mood en route. It's supposed to thundershower which means I get to wear my new rain slicker!
blog comments powered by Disqus