3.19.2012

dressing more fun! using pinterest!

Carla Ghee, Norman, and I were sitting in the front window at Squirrelly's the other afternoon and these girls walked by and Carla Ghee and I were like "those girls look FUN!" and we broke it down that they were wearing lots of prints and scarves and scarves in their hair so now we're taking it upon ourselves to start dressing more fun so that when people see us they will immediately know how much fun we are and how we like to party forever.

Look how fun these girls look! they are having the best most free times ever!
I had pinned this photo a week or two ago so I was already in the mind-frame of how fun to be I just hadn't put it into action. I did last night though:



(awww Yulie)
I look so fun!


also hilarious was that I was wearing these printed shoes as well and Carla Ghee was wearing prints and her very own headscarf headband!



it was the best because we hadn't really discussed how committed we were going to be to this new plan but then really followed through!


see I'm having extra fun because of how I'm dressed I bet. Yulie is also wearing a printed scarf so there you have it!

obviously when going to dress fun you should look to your friends for inspiration:
all photos below hijacked from Dayna's instagram stream!

 prints!!! colours!!! jewelry!!!

 Man, I think Dayna has me topped in terms of self-portraits! Unfair!
(I'm not even competing in any way fashion-wise)

Yep, a guiding light, a beacon of how to dress fun!
Nice work, lady!
I have to go in search of the best prints!

Yesterday I did another thing off pinterest, I made individual baked oatmeals. Sort of like oatmeal muffins but a bit heavier and different... I got the recipe from sugarfreemom.com but then I just changed everything anyway (as I do).



BAKED OATMEAL

first blend
1 banana - mashed
2 eggs
2 cup un-sweetened applesauce
1/2 cup brown sugar (she called for stevia or honey, I didn't have any)

then add
5 cups rolled oats (she called for old fashioned I used quick)
1/4 cup flaxseeds (she called for flaxseed meal, I only had flaxseeds)
1/2 cup Red Mill Wonderful Gluten-free hot cereal (I forget the actual name of this, I just had it in my cupboard, you could not use it but it is good for you that's why I put it in)
1 tbsp. cinnamon
(I also added a bit of ginger and nutmeg because why not)
1.5 tsp. vanilla (I love vanilla)
1 tsp. salt (yeah, sea salt is the best!)
3 tsp. baking powder

then
2.5 cups skim milk (you could use any kind of milk I bet!)

then it's really runny pretty much and you put it in cupcake liners (top it with things you like if you want or all blueberries in there or whatever, up to you, you're a free man) and bake it at 350 degrees for about 30 minutes.
NICE.
Thanks, Pinterest!

OKAY I HAVE TO GO TO ISLAND NOW BECAUSE MY LIFE IS THE FUN KIND OF LIFE.

yesyesyesyesyesyesyes
blog comments powered by Disqus