3.28.2011

christmas stockings 2010



You know what I just realized?
I forgot to blog about Christmas, really.
I'm bad at getting around to things. I haven't blogged two Christmases ago, either. Or my roadtrip with my mother last summer. Lots of things, really!

Okay today I'm just going to do Christmas stockings! Too many photos to get through.

This was the first year EVER that for first thing Christmas morning at my mum's house for stockings there was anyone besides me, mum, E, and my aunt Vagabond (aahaahaaahahaha I was about to shorten that to vag then realized probably not).
Anyhow, my brother's GF came and it ended up being nice, but I was still a little hesitant about the whole idea of a somewhat-stranger (to me) being at my favourite moment of the year. Am I selfish cow? Yes.

Anyhow, the addiction of an extra person meant not having Christmas in my mother's bed as we normally do (it's surrounded on 3.5 sides by walls so it's ideal for cuddling on to eat chocolate and drink tea and throw wrapping paper in the air).
So we dragged all our blankets into the living room (which is insanely cozy, anyway) and cuddled up there.


I think next year we're going to have to have an actual limit on how many gifts per stocking. It's sooo easy to go overboard, especially when you're shopping over a couple of months for small things.
Man, did we all get stuff. So many things!

See what I mean? I promise you that my mother and Vagabond's stockings are under there somewhere. But where?


My pile! I was brought to my mother in that red stocking on Christmas morning when I was one day old. Did anything that adorable ever happen to you?
Didn't think so.


My stocking, E's, his gf's. E's stocking is a baby-bundler that he received as an infant. It unlaces to allow for extra gift-storage. Also, very beautiful. I wish I had one.
Haaaa I am never content with what I have, always jealous of everyone else. Aren't we all?


Awww my bro and his gf. They were pretty cute in their new Christmas PJs and her Christmas socks.


We made a bit of a mess. Also, notice the pile of presents behind Mum on the shelf. That was only the tip of the iceberg.


Soooooo many nice things!

We always do stockings and then showers/getting ready and go over to my cousin's house for Christmas Brunch (the crowning jewel of our festivities) and gift exchange. I'll do photos from that soon I hope.


I wear my "it's my birthday" necklace pretty much for all of December.
Did I consider wearing it the other day to a birthday party of a bunch of people I didn't know? Obviously.


I think these photos are from when I wasn't feeling well on my birthday. Or Christmas night? That sucked.

Okaokaokaayaoakokay some of the gifts.


I was into the white and brown paper, stamps, and raffia, obviously. so darling.


sssssssiiiiiiigggggggggggghhhhhhhh



I'm not leaving the house today, I don't think. I need that. I'm about to be working all the time. Okay, maybe not allll the time, but way more than I have been. And I show no signs of losing interest in partying.

So many funtimes lately and so many good jokes. Also, I had my favourite kind of Blizzard last night and now that's all I want more of. Mint Smartie Skor. special order because I'm a pain like that. A pain with excellent taste in caaaaaandy.



How the hell did I not end up with that blue bag? So delicate and wondrous. Want Want Want.

I am for sure naming my kid Wondrous. WONDROUS CHEESBROUGH.

perfect.
blog comments powered by Disqus