1.28.2008

mondays don't feel like mondays if you don't have a proper job


Having auditions in the later afternoon is preferable because then I can stay up until four in the morning, writing. And then I can sleep in and lie around and hit the snooze button about 20 times. (Speaking of which, I'm pretty sure the 680 news weather guy is losing it. Seriously, he is so, so bored of his job. I can tell.)
And then I can have an overly-long bath and then primp and take forever deciding on my outfit (still haven't decided that part yet. Currently sporting just footless tights and a shrunken bright pink angora sweater).

I'm wearing a full face of make-up, and holy jesus, make-up takes so much time to apply and perfect and stuff. I'm never being and everyday wearer.

I lost a contact in my war on drinking (by which I mean I put the contact beside the case instead of in the case and then it dried out, while I was too drunk to function).
I'm on my last pair of contacts. I'm actually going to have to get rich soon. I haven't had new glasses in four years or so and I wear my contacts for far longer than advised.
WHATEVERS.

I'm feeling so lucky these days. I don't know if I'm just feeling thankful for my life, lifestyle, friends, talents, or if I feel like there's something big around the corner. Maybe a bit of both.

When I'm making all the riches I'm also going to buy my mum new glasses. Her eyes are much worse than mine own and she also never gets new glasses.
Being poor is strange.
I'm having to think about it more and dissect it for this show I'm theoretically writing.

I'm a good writer. I'm working on being a good writer, with good work habits. Last night was movie night at Sophia's, I went but refused to watch the movie. I did bring cookies (OMG so good, chocolate with while chocolate chips uh huh huh huh), and I did socialize for a bit. But then I went home to memorize sides and Get Shit Done. Even when the possibility of babes arose, I still held firm to my working.
WOAH.
I'm growing up.

I spent a lot of time yesterday reading articles about My So-Called Life and about Marshall Herskovitz. He said that when they went in to do the commentary for the new DVD bonus features that they were all just crying, they had a hard time talking about it. Aw...
A bunch of new reviews of the show came out recently with the re-release of the DVD set and it's funny what love and devotion that tiny piece of television has. I mean, it only ran for 19 episodes. No one watched it at the time and still people have a hard time categorizing it. ABC just didn't know what to do with it, where to slot it, how to pitch it, even who it was aimed it.
But that's the thing, it's aimed at everyone.
Pre-teens coming into that age, teenagers in the thick of it, parents of teenagers, and anyone who remembers being an adolescent.

Okay. Seriously. Getting dressed. Hopefully.

So excited for improv tonight! No but really!
blog comments powered by Disqus