1.17.2008

sorry

Dear Brad Renfro,

Tashauna had a bigger crush on you than I did in the sixth grade but now I think she has kids and maybe a husband or at least boyfriend and probably a job and never thinks of me or of you. Once I made her a booklet about you but she just thought it was weird. I told her she could have you if I could have JTT. JTT is still alive, so I guess I got the better end of that deal.
I wonder if she heard about you actually.

I remember reading about how when you were younger you'd give fan-girls that you met your hotel number. In case they wanted to come by. Not that their mothers (accompanying them to stalk you) would let them.
I remember reading about how you stole a yacht but except you didn't realize that the owners were actually still on it. Asleep inside. I wish I'd been there.

Ghost World is my favourite movie, and you were perfect in it, just spot on.
And I saw you, unexpectedly, on a repeat of Law and Order, one night. I was surprised by how much I liked you, still. How familiar you seemed. Probably only because of grade six.

We girls all liked your accent. You seemed different to me from the other heartthrobs. Stronger somehow, but also sadder. Lacking parents, and mouthing off, and refusing to be cheesy for interviews on your idea of a great date or what you look for in a girl. Though JTT took up virtually all of my wall (and ceiling) space, I snuck up a few pictures of you.

This business is hard. I wonder if you liked it.

Anyhow. Thank you, I appreciated your work and was always interested in seeing what you'd do next. And, of course, planned on marrying you sometime.
I guess that's not really possible anymore.

Love,

Meredith R. Mistletoe
blog comments powered by Disqus