1.29.2008

come on hide your lovers underneath the covers

OMG I want to go to sleep so badly right now. My eyes keep closing.
I can't go have a bath like I want to because I would fall asleep in the tub and then inhale water and then choke and DIE.

I love fun auditions. I love them. I wish all auditions were fun. Then being an actor would be so much cooler. And I wish all casting directors were as fun and cool as the one I saw yesterday. She was rad. We bonded a little over how much we both love my agent.
You know what would make me love my agent even more? If he coerced them into giving me that part.

I can think of another part I'd like to get...

ew.

My mum reads this.

Oh, and the guy reading in the audition was a Major Babe. It was distracting. Maybe it was a tactic to see who could keep their focus in the presence of such babeliness. I totally did. Though I did show him some tit on my way out.

JUST JOKES MOTHER GOSH.

I still love improv and I still am not a big fan of status games in improv. This might be because I'm not that into things I'm not the best at. Status is hard though. I wasn't on my A-game last night. I'm cocky and not as funny as I think am. Great qualities!!!!
I remember playing status games all the way back to elementary school. Seems like I might have learnt how to be good at them by now. But, nope!

Went for beers after class (of course). Drank too much (quelle surprise). I blame the teacher, he likes to party almost as much as I do. I feel like I should keep up but I frequently forget just how small I am, or how long ago I ate.
I think I was only mildly inappropriate and obnoxious. Well, mediumly.


Things I Have Learnt Recently:

- if you do not own a watering can, a teapot works well

- places that are not particularly child-friendly are exactly where children want to be

- 4.5 hours of sleep is not enough, no matter how many times I tell myself that

- I will never stop slightly over-cooking those hillary-style soft chocolate cookies. I never believe they are done

- I would rather use a 't' than a 'ed'

- Roseanne got bad pretty quickly after the 2nd season or so. Also, George Clooney was indeed, at one point, a babe

- my heart is not trustworthy and I cannot just decide how to feel about situations/people and make that true


I'm such a romantic trainwreck.
Like I can't even tell you.
Except that you already know, but still.
Luckily it's funny to me these days and not sad like how it is sometimes. The hardest part is being lonely. But I still say the only thing worse than being alone is being with the wrong one.

My bff, C, and I have always put love above all else. Nothing is as important as love, we would give up dreams/plans/ideas/etc just for the possibility of love.
I'm not down with that anymore, I don't think. I'm not scared of ending up alone (that's almost guaranteed!), I'm worried about ending up happily married and creatively barren.
Not to be melodramatic, or anything.
Work is number one. For real though. And if, by some miracle, I end up dating someone, remind me of that. I'll need it.
The weird part is, C's in a real-time relationship right now. That seems to be working.

Gives me hope for my cold, blackened, liar-of-a heart.
blog comments powered by Disqus