1.27.2008

love-drunk and kill-crazy

Seriously, I'm going to start orchestrating my friends' break-ups in order to have GFs to party with.

I know it's wintertime and you're cold, but relationships are over-rated and time-consuming.

Went to see Nick's show last night. Tranzac is too small for him these days. Which is awesome and so excellent for him because his music is honestly my very favourite right now. Even if I didn't know him I would seek out his songs and go to see him play.

It was too crowded to listen properly last night, which was annoying. And I was not a fan of the opener. At all. I felt like it was a caricature of folky, country music. It seemed like a joke kind of. A joke that wasn't very funny.
Maybe I just didn't get it.

If you've ever met me you probably know that one of my favourite things is amassing my friends who don't know each other and then trying to make them be friends. Sometimes this does not work at all. I assume that everyone who I like, will like each other. Unfortunately my taste in friends is as varied and eclectic as the housewares section at Value Village (OMG I haven't been to Value Village yet this month and I think I have coupons to use up!).
But last night it really worked. That's always the best. Especially because it was sort of an odd collective. But all lovely, lovely girls with good senses of humour. Which is key.

Talking with my celebrity crush, Morgan Waters, last night I asked him how he gets shows done. (He just gets them done. And then they go on TV. Right on there.) He said he has momentum. He said it's easier to get things done when you're already getting things done.
That makes sense. Then there's no weinering around about whether or not it's possible. You just do it. Because you know you can, you have before.

So I just need to get it all started.
And I need to stop talking about it to everyone all the time. It feels like it helps but I'm not sure that it does. And then I just look like an idiot when I don't actually produce anything.
.
Went to see Grand Analog and Major Maker on Friday. Grand Analog is such a performer, a charmer. He's sort of like that in real life too. In a nice way. I danced extra hard to the song I'm in the video for. Because that's my job.
I'd never heard of Major Maker before, even though it turns out that I know them/know other bands they were in. Funny. So good though. Dancey and fun. Toronto is so small. I went and looked at their music videos and found my friend Shayne is the star of one. Awesome.

I saw a girl whose blog I read there. I know so much about her from the internet. It was strange it see her in real life. I guess that's what happens when you blog as your job.

I'm missing all my kittens.


Things I need a moratorium on:

- Oregon Trail on Facebook
- Drinking (bwahahahaha)
- Those walnut cakes from Korea Town (so wonderfully delicious and cheap)
- Music while I'm trying to write. I get so distracted with trying to find the "right" writing music and I waste about a billion hours


If this were an MP3 blog (I wish it were but I don't want to pay to host songs), today's song would be 97 Men (Don't Call Me Honey) by Buffy Sainte-Marie

Say I'm confused, say I'm perplexed
one fellow told me I was over-sexed
Don't believe it 'cause it just aint true
it's just that I got a little crush on you

Remember 97 men in this here town
would give a half a grand in silver just to follow me down
so appreciate a dedicated baby
'cause boy you are a lucky man
blog comments powered by Disqus