1.14.2012

typed on a new machine

I'm in a better mood!

uh ohhh uh oh I have a new computer that I'm in love with.
I'm learning how to edit videos! funnnnnnnn ohhh so fun oh so funn fun fun.

Also, I made some super good soup today. All I eat and like is soup.

I wanted cream of broccoli but not with cream because I've given up eating for new years. Just kidding, I'm eating sometimes.
But I want to eat less bad-for-me stuff and way less stuff and become super skinny like a model. Haaaaaa.
(the worst part about people on diets is all they ever do is talk about diets. it's because they're hungry!)

Anyway, soup is amazing because it's just cutting things up and putting them all in a pot and it's so easy to heat up later and is a one-pot meal.

I'm not one for instructions and measurements in my cooking really, but I'll tell you what I did for today's soup because it is VERY GOOD.


MOSTLY BROCCOLI SOUP

1 onion
all the broccoli you have (even the peeled cut stalks, obv.)
half a zucchini
some elderly mushrooms (haaa or any mushrooms)
2 potatoes
4 cloves of garlic
1/4 cup dry quinoa

lots of cumin
lots of italian seasoning mix
lots of salt
pepper
dried rosemary
(you can put whatever savory spices you have in here, pretty much! I did whatever I wanted at the moment.)
(also you can put other vegetables! I would have put peppers if I had any

cut up all the onion and put it in a big pot with a lot of butter (I don't know, 2 tbsp.?) and some olive oil and then cut every other vegetable up small-ish and put it all in there, too. It's good to kind of sautee the stuff, especially the mushrooms and potatoes maybe? it also doesn't really matter. that cooked for awhile I guess.
then I put the minced garlic in too and some water, like, enough water, ya know? Like so that it'll cook in the water. and then I put in all the spices and then I decided quinoa would be good so I put in the quinoa and more water and I then I just simmered it for awhile on very low. And then when everything was soft I put almost all of it in the blender. Fucking pureed that. But not all of it because I like a few chunks, but if you don't like chunks then blend everrrrrrything.

then cheddar cheese on top! Of course!

anyway.
WHY THIS SOUP IS SO GOOD.



it tastes like a good broccoli soup but has the added bonus of quinoa which is suuuper good for me. Also, the other vegetables give it a nice roundness, I think.

I'm so super tired! I keep staying up waaaay late for good reasons. Good reasons like important conversations or hanging out with the best buds.
Good reasons don't make me less tired right now!
Work tonight and then a couple days off, which should but nice and also filled with improv mostly. I'll never mind that.
blog comments powered by Disqus