3.31.2010

The Tampered Press

Shall we have a weekly feature on shops run by lovely young people??
Probably we should, so if you know of any shops I should visit/befriend, let me know!

the tampered press

After lunch yesterday with The Bitter End men (bit star-struck, also they are all babes, also so funny), Dollface and I wandered towards the park and I was like "I want a soda" and then we both got distracted by this new coffee shop, The Tampered Press, we hadn't been in before. So we went in. No soda (luckily, what the hell, I never drink soda except at work sometimes because it's free and plentiful) but I got a sweet loose-leaf green tea.
the tampered press
Dollface started talking to a girl she knew who was in there having coffee and so I started talking to the owner. Man, people are friendly, hey? I'm trying to learn about being friendlier and warmer and not rude all the time or sarcastic (good luck, me).

Such a lovely space and the owner was telling me she's only been open for two weeks (?)
the tampered press (dundas at the park)
SIGH.
yep, view of the park and great furniture. and I said "hey, I like this rocking chair" and she said "I found that on the road". That's the best possible way to decorate a place, for certain.
the tampered press (dundas at the park)
the tampered press (dundas at the park)
gluten free options! (the tampered press)
Gluten-free options!
I didn't have any as I was too full, but I will have some next time, definitely. I lovelove baked goods and I barely get to have any more because of my stupid gluten intolerance. So great to have options!
the tampered press (dundas at the park)
Dollface had one of the "awesomes" which is sort of like a giant chewy oreo only the insides are sort of cream-cheesy and I tried it ("don't tell me what I can't do, gluten" -john locke) and it was awesome. No denying.
 Totally reasonable prices. Dollface says her latte was great, too.
the tampered press (dundas at the park)
the tampered press (dundas at the park)
the tampered press (dundas at the park)
the tampered press
also there's a big mirror by the door that is great for taking full-body photos of yourself! Perfect.
the tampered press
Board games! And wifi, of course. Word is that the space is open to having meetings in there as well, like book clubs and things. Kind of makes me want to start a book club..
Also the space is big enough I think that could be going on in there and not be too intrusive. 
the tampered press (dundas at the park)
"cafe and community space" how great, right?
it's right on Dundas at Crawford, open pretty much all daylight hours, and the owner is very friendly and the lighting is good.
Oh yeah, there's a more proper here!


I'm not saying that I don't love Ella's Uncle still (this is where we usually go and sit outside of by the park). But this is also pretty neat and it has inside space and I bet it's super cozy when it's raining out...plus I want to go play board games, anyone?



Also, guys, I have so, so, so many photos to sort through right now and then a couple people just send me other photos that I want to post. Until then, you can look at Sub Rosa Vintage's blog for a few sweet photos of me.
blog comments powered by Disqus