3.25.2010

coriander girl!























Today I went to Parkdale to visit my dear old friend Alison's shop, Coriander Girl.
It really is quite embarrassing to me that it's taken me this long to get down there to see it and to visit with her. The shop has been open for six months now for chissakes!
Part of it has been that I wanted to make sure it would be when we could have a real chitchat and visit and she wouldn't be tooooo busy and I wouldn't feel like I was interrupting. 
Today ended up being pretty much perfect, if a bit short (I had to run to work. Boooo work.)























I know, right?






















I die.....
Look at this! It kills me. Does it not kill you? It must.
You must think this is nice or we aren't friends, probably.
















I stole all these photos from the Coriander Girl blog, it's nice that Ali has a sweet camera and is a sweet photographer (she's even done my headshots for me!) because these photos pretty much sell everything in the shop to me. If I had money I would buy it all. Not exaggerating.























Lovelove that these aren't your normal florist flowers or arrangements. They are wilder and more whimsical and just appealing in a really deep-breath-sigh kind of way.

"Imagine masculine branches and berries with purple kale and feathery limonium wrapped in woody cedar boughs. Delicious!"  -from the Coriander Girl blog
















This article on BlogTO does a super good job of explaining the shop. Plus more photos!
It is a flower shop. But also with vases and jars and soaps and a bit of furnitures and cards and lotions and things! Interior things. Things I love, mostly.
I think I should be in charge of reviewing shops because I am very objective.



































































































Dream life, am I right?
















I love the storefront very hard and also the signage. Parkdale is kind of funny because there's all these lovely little shops popping up and also it's still Parkdale. I really kind of like the mix.
These shops might be hoity toity if they were in Rosedale or something but down in Parkdale it feels really... authentic? right?
Who knows! I should definitely never try to review things.



























Ali and I went to college together. She was one of my very first Toronto friends. We've been through a lot together and apart over the last six years. We worked both sports arenas together and did the fringe together and been close and been in fights. We are best known for our complimentary dance moves. Not kidding at all. There's still security guys at the dome who will come up to me and be like "do the dance" and "where the blonde friend who also does the dance?"
So funny. We should make a video of our various moves for you. You will be impressed.
















I'm planning on spending more time down at the shop, Ali loves visitors.. And Raymi's in that hood now, so I'll make her come along.
Hopefully next time I'll remember my camera and you'll get even more of this goodness!






Shop's open
Tuesday - Saturday 11-7
Sunday 12-5

Coriander Girl Blog

1537 Queen St. W
Toronto, ON
M6R 1A7
 
416.532.3333
blog comments powered by Disqus