4.16.2012

niagaraaaaaaaa

Untitled

Guys I bet you're wondering how my road trip went!
Well, it started out by me doing a good job on packing, see above.
Actually we didn't even drink the champagne because I got too tired. hahaaa classssic.

Untitled
ROAD TRIP!!
I lovelovelove roadtrips. you can't really tell here but I really do. I smiled so much. Peever said, "It's nice to see you this happy". Yeahyeahyeah. Also happy here because Peevs brought me a "playoff gift", this Canucks tuque. Prettypretty nice guy there.

Untitled
Untitled

Our first stop was at Peller estates winery for lunch with my old school pal. I hadn't seen this lady in probably 4 or 5 years? Insane! I really missed her and so it was great to hug her up and chat about our lives.
Untitled
Oh, also we ate SO MUCH great, great food. Peller was great with making all my food both gluten-free aaaand vegetarian. So helpful! So nice!
They even had gluten-free bread so I got to try the ice wine butter. NOM.
(I'm very awkward about all my food requirements and I actually hate and fear eating in most restaurants and so when people are especially nice/accepting/accommodating then I pretty much want to weep with gratitude.)
Untitled
ughgughguhhh cheese plate.   :) :)
Untitled
Tourist o'clock!
We actually had so much fun at the falls. I'm not surprised as we are two of the funnest people I've ever heard of, but I think we did an especially good job.

We got an amazing groupon (it was actually from Travelzoo, I believe) for our hotel room and it included
two king bed bedroom (I called window) suite on the 41st floor
cocktails in the evening (not awesome but hey, free drink is a free drink)
$50 Dave & Buster voucher
$40 voucher for either the keg or t.g.i.fridays
breakfast buffet

is that all? I don't remember. Anyway. Good deal!!!

Untitled
this was the view from our hotel room. jeezily, hey?


Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Anyway. We did lots of things! We did Dave & Busters (won some sweet prizes!) and went up the Skylon tower and bowled and wandered around were complete tourists. So nice.


Untitled

Untitled
making it rain tickets we won at Dave & Busters! (we actually got so few prizes for that amount of tickets!)

Untitled
I think these views are from the skylon tower? probably!
Untitled

Untitled
I was very, very excited and bent-set on riding the skywheel. It was nice.
Untitled

Hotel room:
Untitled
I put all the pillows on one bed. Obviously!

Untitled
Jacuzzi tub -- if I could have just stayed a bit longer I probably would have lived in there. We had three sinks. God knows why but I for sure used them all just because.

Untitled
Breakfast! Not bad not bad.
Untitled
Maid of the mist looked a bit scary to ride on. Ragdoll, I think Peevs said about it.
Untitled
Skylon tower photoshoot.
Untitled
I'm not mad here, I've just got a lot of sun in my eyes!
Untitled
Sigh sigh so pretty.

I started getting a bad cold in the evening, which was a bit of a piss-off but it wasn't the worst. I did get a bit grumbly, though.
And in the morning I was pretty grouchy but I'm getting better (a bit) at not being the worst grumbliest human and also peevs is good about being patient and for that I'm pretty grateful, gotta say.

Untitled
this.
this is what we found in the St. Catherines Value Village. ughughghuhghh. An almost full set, even got the gravy bowl and platter and the creamer and sugarer! nice nice!

Untitled
Also found this sweeeet Canucks shirt. Because I like sports paraphernalia now, I guess.
Untitled

Anyway. If all romantic vacations are this fun then I guess I'd go on more.
Yeah, for sure I would.
Untitled
Okay I leave you with this most nerdy picture. I apologize! (jk I don't)
blog comments powered by Disqus