5.05.2014

May 5

Untitled

A whole April slipped past, hey?

Well, happy May to you and to yours and to those who you wish were yours .

Untitled

Tomorrow Nic and I are hosting our first sketch show. Tall Sigh is just the two of us, just doing things that we like. We're an improv duo and a sketch team and writing partners.
It's been the nicest, nicest thing lately.
And I kind of assume it will continue being super nice.

Tomorrow, for the first time, we get to put up a whole bunch of pieces we wrote with our own personal brains and we get to show them to a whole bunch of our closest pals and OH MAN, I can't even think of a greater gift for my life right now.
What a treat.

Untitled

Learning how to work with Nic has been super interesting. We went through the Second City conservatory program together and worked pretty well together there. We had an improv team with other members in the past. And we've been dear friends for a couple of years.
It's all informing how we work together now, and it's better than I would have expected. We've grown together and we know we're funny, we're getting confident in each other and in ourselves. We're upfront about what we like and don't like, and aren't particularly precious about the work, but do stand our ground for things we like the best. We're open to each other's ideas in the accepting, excited way, and I believe we're working hard not to be competitive and only care-taking.
I love Nic and I think she's honestly one of the funniest people I've met, and in a completely different way than I am. I trust her taste and I know that her success would only mean good things for me and so I wish her every opportunity and success, in our work together and in every other way.

Untitled

I've very happy these days. I'm busy in the very best possible way and super challenged by the work I'm doing creatively. Doing work I really care about and being busy with projects... I can't imagine a better life.
We've been really challenging ourselves, setting deadlines and pushing through to find the best things, not settling for what's just okay. Nic packs everything full of jokes in a way that I'm grateful for and fully respect.
We're not geniuses yet. We're not perfect, but if this is what we're starting out with then, holy, I am insanely excited for what we will be making in the next few years. And I'm excited that we're not limiting ourselves in any way right now. Separately and together we both love humour and writing and ideas and story-telling, and finding the right medium for our various thoughts and stories, that's half the fun.

Untitled

What a nice life I'm leading.
If you're in Toronto tomorrow (today) May 5th, come to Baltic Ave and then you'll know what I mean about all of this, I bet.

Untitled
blog comments powered by Disqus